
Last Monday we had a wonderful miracle happen to our family! In the morning when Greg and I arrived in the nursery to feed Paxton we saw that the nurses during the night were able to remove his IV because his glucose levels were staying high enough on there own! This was a wonderful start to a fabulous day! Later that evening, Greg and I left the hospital for a few hours so we could get some clean clothes from home; we had nothing left. While we were gone the Resperatory Theripist at Mountain View was able to remove the oxygen tubes because Paxton was keeping his oxygen stats up on his own! This was the most beautiful surprise to receive on arriving back at the hospital!

Although Paxton's oxygen stats were great when he was awake, they would drop from the high 90s to the high 80s while he slept. Due to this, the Respiratory Therapist placed a humidifying oxygen hood over his head while he slept. However, Paxton didn't need it for long. Six hours later, at midnight, they took off the humidifier. The next Morning when Dr. Smith, the Pediatrician, arrived he was so impressed with Paxton's improvements he told us that if Paxton passed his Car Seat Challenge that afternoon then we could take him home finally!

What is the Car Seat Challenge you may wonder. It means that Paxton had to sit in his car seat for a whole hour without it affecting his oxygen stats. Well he rocked it and was able to stay breathing in his car seat.

That night Greg and I were finally able to bring out little tiny baby boy home! We have had the best week with him finally being able to take care of him without the help of the nurses- it was a little scary at first, but after the first day Greg and I are total Pros! Greg is an amazing daddy! He takes any opportunity to show him off like the proud father that he is! I love it!

On Saturday Greg and I took Paxton on a walk around the park. It took us 20 minutes to figure out how the stroller fit in my car. Then when we got to the park it took us another 30 minutes to figure out why we couldn't open up the stroller! We finally found the rubber safety strap on the side of the stroller! first time parents- you can spot them anywhere because they are total idiots and they are totally oblivious! Yes that would be Greg and I!
So glad you guys are home and figuring things out! He's adorable! HUGS!
ReplyDeleteyou guys are so cute!!!! we're so happy for you!
ReplyDelete